Another bookmark...this one is Kersti Anear's "Tatted Bookmark" except I put a different top on it and left off the tassle. My 5-year-old niece saw it at this point and said "Oh, pink! And beads! Can I have it?" 5-year-old girls don't need tassles, but they apparently do need pink and beads. It is made with two threads wound on each shuttle. One is a pale pink varigated polyester machine embroidery thread and the other is a dark pink cotton sewing thread. It worked out -- the cotton seemed to lend enough body to the polyester that it didn't fray. Of course, I was very careful to tat a lot looser than I usually do.
A little bit of progress
-
Another day got away from me. I did get a little tatting time in this
morning.
This afternoon I worked on strips for the back of my patchwork jacket.
...
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment