These had to be called "Eleven" together, because they are made on satin-covered plastic ornaments only one-inch in diameter. Because the ornament is hard plastic I couldn't use pins to hold the tatting in place. These are laced on with metallic green thread (the only use I found for this particular thread -- it split, frayed, knotted and broke when I tried tatting with it). The red one on the left is an adaptation of Mary Kohinor's Spinning Wheel Glass Mat. I have no idea where the one on the right comes from -- I copied it off an old mini-ornament. These went to a friend of my sister's to decorate a mini-tree. It seemed appropriate.
Thunder storms
-
We have had thunderstorms every day this week, not as wild as Tuesday, but
enough to keep me off of my computer!
Dave has been busy cleaning up branches ...
14 hours ago

6 comments:
So, so pretty. You're going to be the first person ready for Christmas 2009!!!
Very pretty! I love the adaptation of the Spinning Wheel glass mat!
Very Nice, Marty!
Very pretty Marty!
More winners, Marty! You do beautiful work! :)
They look fantastic on my tree (:
Thank you Marty.
Post a Comment