Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day to Me!

Look at this wonderful collection of goodies Karey Solomon sent my way! The Valentine Exchange (through the group Tattinggoddessupdates) was a fun one.
I've got two skeins of hand dyed thread -- one in shades of blue (my favorite color) and other in lotsacolors. I need to think up something special for the multi-colored one. It looks like a spring flower garden to me.
The little heart-shaped maze game I have to leave at home. I was so tempted to take it to work, but then I wouldn't get anything done because I enjoy playing with little things like that.
The paper in the heart-shaped notepad has little pale roses on the pages. It's the perfect thing to put little notes in Nicole's school lunch box.
Then I've got a beautifully pink cotton bandanna -- these are great things. If you tie 'em around your neck, they're warmer than a scarf, because the wind can't blow through 'em -- no holes! They work really well to keep hair tamed under a helmet. I've got a little collection of them in my snowmobile bag but they are getting a bit worn. Nobody will lose me if I wear this hot pink!


I saved the best for last. This is a beautiful heart Karey tatted in a dusty rose color (my scanner can't do justice to the color). Not only did she send the heart, she sent the pattern for this "Y-Knot Heart." Isn't it a pretty one? It has the most wonderful outline: not too pointy, not too tomato-shaped.

Pretty good for Valentine's Day, eh?

Thanks, Karey!

4 comments:

IsDihara said...

What a wonderful Valentine gift!

Is there a tatting exchange web site or someplace you go to sign up for tatting exchanges?

Unknown said...

That is exciting! How fun! So now where did you do your Valentine's exchange through? Here be tatters? InTatters? Tatting Goddess group? Where? Enquiring tatters want to know!

Ridgewoman said...

I was the lucky recipient of an exchange that gave me Karey! It was a real treat!
So tickled for you ~ lovely loot!
XX B

sewmuchfun4 said...

Happy Valentines day INDEED! What a nice package to receive and the heart is a real show stopper! I've seen some of Karey Solomon's thread tatted up on other blogs and it is always beautiful.
:) Ann