Margerite is such a delightful pattern, I had to do it twice! The first one is DMC size 80 tatting thread in a purple ombre. I like the way it turned out. It's all done without breaking the thread. Wound as continuous thread on the shuttles, that means only two thread ends to hide -- and the magic threads worked. It didn't need much blocking either. These both measure just over 4 inches (10 cm) in diameter at the widest point.
The second one I did in two solid colors, so there were thread ends to tat over at the beginning. I used one DMC size 80 tatting thread in lavender and one in turquoise. The turquoise was pretty old. it held up well until right at the end, then it broke before the final round of chains and once again in the middle of the final chain row. Lots of ends to hide and no convenient magic threads. I found a needle that would go through the work and did manage to get it hidden under the "waistbands." It was still disappointing to have that happen, but I don't think it shows.
Time to get back on track - I have neglected so much over the past week. I haven't been keeping up with my walking. I haven't been watching what I eat. My crafting time has been minim...
12 hours ago