Friday, February 9, 2007

Third Motif

From Iris Niebach's "Tatted Doilies" this one is Beatrice. It's done in Coats Machine Quilting thread in a varigated red -- about size 100. The nice thing about this one is that it's worked all in one row. BUT -- what am I going to do with something this small? It only measures 3 3/4 inches in diameter. I'll have to look around and see who I know with a knick-knack shelf. :)

Thursday, February 8, 2007

Second Motif

It's a bookmark. I actually made it for the etatters bookmark challenge. Wow -- dual duty! It's made with DMC size 80 thread, shuttle only. I need a lot more practice doing thread gaps instead of chains. No matter how I attempt to measure them they don't come out the same. Hmmmm...maybe this would look better if I blocked it. Everything looks better with blocking, eh?Oh, yes -- it does look better blocked (except for that one picot that I somehow folded over!).

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

First Motif

Okay -- I've been planning to do this for a while, so I'm counting the tattings I did while I was trying to figure out how to do this blog thing. That means my first one is a Christmas ornament cover I designed. I made a couple of different versions, and some with beads. It starts out looking like an edging, but joined and pinned on the styrofoam ball with a matching bottom, it looks quite different.

25 Motif Challenge

25 Tatted Motifs...I guess I can do that. What I'm not to certain about is this Blog thing! I'm going to give them both a try.

Of course, I can't add any motifs until I do some and take pictures. Guess this is a test run. :)