Would you believe it? Now I've got two done. Amazingly quick, huh? W'azzat?
Oh. You noticed.
Yes, I admit it -- it is exactly the same pattern as the first one. It is the same adaptation of Iris Niebach's "Beatrice" from Tatted Doilies. Well, the top is the same. I had intended to make two identical pieces and fasten them to one ornament. I finished the two pieces but they wouldn't fit on one ornament -- too much overlap. That's when I decided to make two ornaments out of them and just do different bottoms for them.
If you look closely, you can see that the bottom on this one includes some long lock chains and a different arrangement of beads.
Once again, I've reaffirmed my opinion that satin covered styrofoam ornaments are the way to go. Pinning the tatting on with decorative pins makes it much easier to get it centered and even. Quite frankly, this lacing it on with beaded thread is an exercise in frustration for me. I'm not going to tell you about that blindingly brilliant idea I had for fastening on the bottom after doing the first one -- because it didn't work. Turns out I'm no so brilliant as I thought. How very lowering.
Metallic thread experiment 1 - I recently gave this Beadsmith metallic thread a try. It's a 2 ply with a thickness is similar to DMC size 30 crochet cotton. It worked okay to tat both r...
15 hours ago