Sunday, March 16, 2008

Butterfly Pattern Three



















The first version of Allix's Butterfly starts with the antennae and makes a leap of faith across the head to work the second wing. The magic threads didn't work so well in the sample and it appears somewhat pulled apart between body and head. I managed to sneak this one past my youngest niece, as it does NOT comply with her rule: "head, thorax abdomen...insects have three body parts." Even so, it's one of my favorites.

Like the others, I'll post a .pdf version of this .jpg at ETatters and in the pattern files of Here-Be-Tatters.

Oops. I've been informed that when the pattern prints the sequence numbers, stitch counts and instructional notes are too tiny to read. I've redone the pattern, and hope the crowded numbers are not too confusing.

5 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Ooh! I really like this one!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

I too really like this one. Thank you for sharing. I like the way you diagram!

Tattycat said...

Very pretty. You are so clever.

Tattycat said...

Marty, would you mind telling me what software you use to diagram your patterns. I want to purchase a program.
Thanks

Marty said...

I use PaintShop Pro version 7. I don't know the cost because work bought it for me so I could ...tada... work at home for them. Since what I do for work is scan things to .jpg and color them (different version of cut, paste and color -- but still kindergarten), it took me a while to figure out how to use it for making tatting diagrams. It was certainly less expensive for me than buying something else. Once I learned about layers and bezier curves, it got easier. :) Good luck finding a program you like.