Tuesday, May 27, 2008

TIAS and more

Here's my version of days three and four of the TIAS. I did day two (else I couldn't have done three and four, you see), but didn't scan it. As to what I'm tatting, haven't a clue (unless it's Kokopelli on a unicycle). It's so fun that way!
The pink ring is my trial Josephine Ring using Jane Eborall's alternate technique shown on Day 4 of her TIAS. I wanted to make certain I had it figured out before actually doing it on the real thing. I do believe the first pink "trial" came out better than the green one on my TIAS-in-progress. Rats. In between things, I did this green "Yorkie Dimple" with a bit of left over thread. Wow. Great technique Sue Hanson! Thank you Sherry Pence for the video (May 14th blog post) and Jane Eborall for the written instructions. This one is closed tighter on one side than the other, but--hey-- it works!
The other things I've been working on need blocking before I drop 'em on the scanner. That means I've got to hunt up my round tuit again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you've been busy. I like the colors you are using on the TIAS.

Tattycat said...

I like the Kokopelli on a unicyle idea! Very clever. I must admit I didn't try the new Jospehine Ring technique. I was just too tired to learn anything new! I haven't tried the Yorkie Dimple either. I'm sounding kind of lazy, huh?