Sunday, December 14, 2008

Gift Ornaments Five and Six















Lock chain ornament in yellow and red DMC size 30 tatting cotton on a yellow satin ornament. The top is the same as the pattern on this blog (September 25 post), except it repeats only 5 times because of the size of the thread. The bottom is a long stretch of lock chains between sets of rings. When it's hanging, it looks a little bit like a hot-air balloon. This one also went to a friend in England. Her favorite color is yellow, so I hope that's yellow enough for her.





Ornament Six is another of my first pattern, but this one is done in DMC size 80 orange tatting cotton with clear yellow beads, also fastened to a yellow satin ball. This one went off to Minnesota. Even though it's not traditional Christmas colors, this is one of my favorites. There's something so cheerful about primary, crayon-bright colors. The orange on yellow doesn't contrast very well in a photograph, though. It's probably my picture-taking ability (or lack thereof) again.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty patterns, Marty!

Tattycat said...

Just beautiful Marty!

Bonnie said...

Once again, beautiful work, Marty!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Alright alright! When is the book coming out! I love them all!

Toptattyhead said...

Simply gorgeous!

Susanne said...

Oh you have done so many beautiful tatted balls.

Sherry aka Celtic Dream Weaver said...

I love your tatted covered ornaments. They are so very pretty. I don't know which one I liked better. So much talent out there...wowowiee...so nice to see.