Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is more than half over, and I very nearly forgot to post these. The three white ones are "Heart's Desire" by Susan K. Fuller. The large one is Coats "Button Carpet & Craft" thread, the small one at the top is two strands of polyester machine embroidery thread, and the other is DMC size 80 tatting cotton. This is a really great pattern. It looks so complicated and I kept wondering how I was going to get the last part joined without being a contortionist. Ta-da! It just worked so smoothly. That's why there are three them -- how fun!

The pink heart is Nancy Tracy's "Clover Drop Heart" with a little variation. The first one I made according to the pattern, but my chains were too tight and it was oddly misshapen. For this second one I added beads and a couple of extra stitches to the chains. That worked for me.
Hmmmm...perhaps I should have made some flowers to go with those hearts. Maybe next year...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your tatted valentine's hearts are all lovely! Happy Valentine's Day! :)

Valerie said...

the hearts look fabulous. you did a great job adding the beads. happy valentine's.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love the way you've added beads to the hearts... they're lovely!

Martha said...

I just love the beads on your Heart's Desire.

NormaH said...

You use such interesting threads for your lovely creations. I think I need to expand my thread stash.