Sunday, November 28, 2010

More Bling

I've been playing with my plain gray Aero shuttles during the long Thanksgiving weekend (my office is closed the day after Thanksgiving, too). Seven of my shuttles are out of commission -- at least for the time being. I learned something on each shuttle and about each of the materials I used. There are some things I would never do again -- like paint the inside of the shuttle (duh). I will probably never do three or four coats of paint with four coats of decopodge, either. Oh, and I'll wait for the Sharpie ink to dry before putting the decopodge over it, too. Lots of fun goofies, but I'm hoping they work out anyway! Once they are free of the drying box, I'll put up some better pictures. Between cleaning, cooking, cleaning again and painting shuttles, I haven't done any tatting this weekend -- can you imagine!?

6 comments:

Fox said...

Wow! Nice work, Rembrandt! These are pretty!
Fox : )

Gina said...

The ones I used to paint were very plain plastic ones and I always painted the inside but I haven't on the Clovers. I tried to decoupage another one. I seem to have trouble trimming the edge nicely and end up scraping paint off. It's fun to play though!

No tatting here either. I'm deep-cleaning and finding all kinds of potential tatting projects but that's it.

IsDihara said...

Your playtime with paint (et al) has reaped true beauty. Love your Aero makeovers!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I think you accomplished a lot between cleaning, cooking, and cleaning! The shuttles look great!

Valerie said...

your bling shuttles look good. did i see a frog among the shuttles? can't wait to see them up close :D

Margarets designer cards said...

They are looking lovely, of course you cant tat you are decorating your shuttles.
Hope you had a lovely thanksgiving.
Margaret