[Actually they are Blue-Med. #651 and Mocha Brown Dk. #692] It got packed up right after I took these pictures -- and I forgot to measure it. I did go measure the chair I used, though. It's probably something like 15 inches in diameter, more or less (the doily, not the chair).
The pattern is one by Jan Stawasz. It's a very pretty pattern, but as written, makes me tear out my hair. Most of the rounds (the central brown and the two outer blue areas) are done with dozens and dozens of individual motifs. I just don't have that much thread-winding or thread-hiding patience! I used split rings everywhere so I could work the whole thing in rounds instead of motifs. The central brown area is two rows and that large inner blue area is done in three rows. However, I did do all the wheels individually. The pictures are clickable so they can be seen larger.
It's not perfect, but I liked it anyway. As a matter of fact, I liked it so much, I've been recreating it without all the frilly picots. Those really are little monsters when it comes to blocking. I gave most of these a pat and a promise. I promised I wouldn't take the scissors to 'em if they'd shape up! They cooperated for the most part. I packed it up in a mailing tube and shipped it off -- insured, because I figured, if there was a chance they might have to pay out, the USPS would take better care of it. Ta-da! It got where it was supposed to go -- and she liked it!
Hubris, Karma, Retribution, Whatever! - We are seeing a sudden rush of Coalition members deciding not to run at the next election. Some, if not all of them will be receiving highly paid sinecures...
2 hours ago