Two colors of purple Lizbeth size 20 thread and Marie Smith's method of doing split chains resulted in this doily:
The center is the same as a number of others I have sitting around the house -- I did a lot of testing on this split chain thing! I'd get something I rather liked then start over and somewhere along the line think, "Oh, wait, I could change this bit -- that would be better for this round." Yes, but once one round changed, all the others after it had to as well. I didn't write down a pattern either. *sigh*
I had intended to make another round (of however wide I could get it without breaking the thread ) in the light purple. I lost the ball of thread. I looked everywhere I could think of -- though I will admit I didn't look in the fridge or the toilet tank. (Maybe I'll check those tonight.) Anyway, being frustrated by the thread I stopped and blocked it. Must be okay, because it got a blue ribbon and a high blue (considered for sweepstakes) ribbon. That made me laugh, because I don't like this doily nearly as well as some others I've made, but it is the one that blocked the best!
Kay's earrings - Wooopppeeee. Problem now solved!!! I got BC3 in the right frame of mind yesterday afternoon and a little more research (which yielded nothing!) made h...
7 hours ago