Renulek's Spring Doily has been all over the 'net -- here included. I started on March 18th and finished tatting (YES!) on May 1. It took me until the 5th to get all the ends sewn in, and last Thursday I blocked the piece on my large board. So, it took me less than 3 months, but not much less.
It amazes me every time I finish something like this. It is a very simple pattern, rings and chains in ordinary configurations. It's how those ordinary configurations are organized that gives the pattern it's beauty, and once it's all put together, it looks complex. There are other renditions that look even more complex than this one, simply because of the color choices. It's so interesting how each piece worked looks just slightly different from the others.
Here's another difference in each piece -- blocking. Not everyone likes to spread things out as much as I do! Mine is done is size 20 thread, so it's large. As completed it measured 18 inches across, but, after blocking it is almost 20 inches.
This one is destined for the Fair this year. I don't know what the judges will make of it -- but I like it.
I still have to make a list of colors (I'll add that in later just in case anyone is interested), but I do like my rainbow:
Just a few more random pictures - Tomorrow will be 'back to normal' in my little blog. Meanwhile just a few random pictures I had to share. First off - the Marilyn's. This is a link to expl...
10 hours ago