Thursday, November 15, 2007

Butterfly Four

More of that yellow Cébélia size 30. This is a butterfly in profile -- by default. I started it as a butterfly with wings on both sides. By the time I got done with the first side (after taking out some chains, believe it or not) there was no way to finish the other. The poor butterfly body was bent in half. There's just too much going on in those wings. If I hadn't put this on the starch board and stretched the bejabbers out of it there's no way it would be flat. Maybe the pattern can be salvaged, but right now it needs too many changes and I've lost interest in it. Maybe later I will look over my diagram and figure out what to remove and where to change the joins and how many fewer stitches it needs. Yeah, later -- maybe next year or the year after or ...

3 comments:

Sewicked said...

But, but, it looks good as a half-butterfly.

Lace-lovin' Librarian - Diane said...

I agree with sewicked! I'm fascinated with your designs!

Sharon said...

I think all it needs is several strands of thread for legs. On the re-do it's 3 long picots cut after the butterfly is done. To add them now you could just sew 3 strands through at appropriate places and trim them all even. If you hadn't told us it was a "mistake" we never would have known. I love the way your butterflies are turning out.