Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Butterfly Three

Again with the yellow Cébélia size 30 (maybe I can use the whole ball this way) I made the first attempt at this butterfly. It wasn't working quite the way I wanted, so the second wing is actually the second attempt. That seemed to work better so I made another one to be certain, and, after finishing, decided on a better place to reverse to work up the other side of the wing. The third one, in Coats pastel quilting thread was working really well -- right up to the end. I went to pull in the ending threads and pulled the magic thread out instead. The poor thing has a knot and a bit of fabric glue on the back. Then I thought, "Ha! The problem is where I'm starting." The fourth one (in Coats jewel quilting thread) started in a different place so that I could end with a split ring and make crocheted antennae. Ta-da! No thread ends to hide.

4 comments:

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Very pretty Marty.
I am glad you've shown your work along the way.

Sewicked said...

That's a very pretty butterfly. It's really neat to see the design process, warts & all.

Lace-lovin' Librarian - Diane said...

These are all so pretty! I like your idea of finishing with the antennae in crochet.

Tattycat said...

Once again, I love them all!