Sunday, October 31, 2010

Seahorse Dragon

Anne Bruvold created this Seahorse Dragon based on Debbie Arnold's Seahorse. What a great pattern! It's rings and chains, no complications or advanced techniques. It's a relaxing piece to tat and at the end you get this really cute little guy.

My sister dyed this "Mermaid" thread on a DMC size 80. It seemed like the perfect thread for a marine animal. It's just 3 inches tall and a total of 2 inches wide from tip of nose to tip of wing.

I'm going to make more of these. I'm thinking a red one, a green one and some snowflakes on a styrofoam ornament. Yeah, cute!

8 comments:

Jane Eborall said...

Do you know I keep seeing this pattern all over the internet and all it does is make me wish, wish, wish I could design like this. It's the perfect pattern.

Ridgewoman said...

ooooh, I do like this one and the thread color is perfect! xx bev

Ladytats said...

he looks like he is under water, very nice colors and very nice tatting.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I think I may have to join you and Fox in making sets of Sea Horse Dragons... they're so cute! I love the color!

Marty said...

Jane -- you DO design like this! There are a number of your patterns I like using. In fact, when I need something, I look at your pattern pages first! I gotta start posting those bits and piece of yours I've been using. Sometimes, I give things away without getting a picture -- gotta stop that!

Fox said...

So cute this small. Watch out - these things are very addictive!
Fox : )

Marilee Rockley said...

I think there actually are such critters as "sea dragons" - I'm sure I saw some at the Chicago Aquarium a few years ago, and they looked like yours!
Exquisite work, Marty, as usual! Wonderful color.

God's Kid said...

I think that is a great color for a seahorse dragon! :)