Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy, Happy...

New Year!
I was going to go all philosophical about new beginnings and whatnot -- but my feet are too cold. So, I'm going to tell you this instead:

I'm a winner, a happy, happy winner!
Or at least I was a winner -- now I'm an owner. :)

Way back at the end of November Lace-lovin' Librarian had a drawing for some very pretty little bags. The random number generator generated my number, randomly. As my niece would say, "Like, Random!" The postman finally got around to delivering my little package and I'm finally getting around to showing you what I got.

It's soooooo cool, yeah, really!

It's a really pretty yellow-satin fold-over bag with a zipper. That's not all though. It was stuffed with tatting things! There's a sample of Sulky thread (a very pretty blue -- which is my favorite color), a ball of Coats size 70 white tatting thread (I see tiny little snowflakes!), a lobster claw hook and charm (that's going on my down coat -- I lost the zipper tab last year and never found anything to replace it -- but I'm going to add some tatting), and a most beautiful decorated Clover shuttle. Just look at that shuttle! The pattern looks vaguely oriental and I love it!

Thank you so much, Diane. It's good to be Random!

2 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'm glad you like your goodies, Marty! Enjoy!

tattrldy said...

Ooh, pretty! What a nice prize! Lucky you to get one of her decorated shuttles - very nice!