Monday, December 12, 2011

And then there was October

I totally forgot about October.  I didn't do ANY tatting.  Nope, none --- well, maybe some standing in lines.  I crocheted most of October.  The building engineer where I work came out to my dad's house and put up his new carport.  It came in a box with a zillion parts.  We helped, but he brought the know-how and the tools.  Dad's old carport got blown upside down into the neighbor's backyard in a really bad windstorm (it was held down with a rail road rail -- not a wooden tie -- a steel rail!).  That won't happen to the new one, unless it takes the driveway with it -- there are bolts about ten inches long and as big around as my thumb holding the thing down.

As a thank you, I crocheted an afghan for our engineer (who says he's always cold).  This is my favorite full-size afghan pattern, it's easy to do and doesn't need fringe (which drives me nuts).  It's made of worsted-weight polyester yarn so it can be tossed into the washer and the dryer.

For those who asked:  This is "Lacy Chevron" from Leisure Arts Afghan Parade which is Leaflet 335.  It's copyrighted 1984, so I don't know if it's still available.

7 comments:

Stephanie Grace said...

That is gorgeous and I'm completely jealous of the engineer! :-/ (And of you for being able to create such a beautiful afghan!) If you ever need help with anything again, please, let me know so I can read up on the subject and get to work so I can be gifted with such a wonderful work of art!!! :-P

<3,
Stephanie Grace

Kathy Niklewicz said...

This is an attractive afghan in 'masculine' colors and pattern. Very nice work - and I also like that it doesn't need fringe.

That must have been scary when the other carport blew away! Sounds like this one is secure!

Ladytats said...

nice afghan Marty,
looks like a traditional zig-zag pattern, but your color change edges aren't smooth. what stitch did you use?

Sharren - Tatting in Greenwood, South Carolina said...

Very pretty! Love the blues! What pattern is it?

BlondEngineer said...

That's a lovely afghan. Can you share the pattern?

cindy said...

I have this 335 leaflet but not all the instructions fot the v-stitch shell. Could you Please post these ! Thank You.

Marty said...

Sorry, Cindy, I just can't post copyrighted material. Look over the leaflet again -- the instructions for the stitches are all there.