This is a pair of motifs I've been working on for a while. I drew it all out on the computer first, then tatted it in size 10 thread. By doing that, I found out there was one place where I had to change the direction of the chain, and a number of places I had to change the stitch count.
Tatted again in a size 20 I had on a pair of shuttles and found a couple of other tweaks needed. Finally, I made this pair from two colors of Sulky blendables I had on the shuttles. I would have done more, but I couldn't remember which colors they were!
Each motif builds from the center in one continuous round using split rings. It could make a really handsome mat. Maybe I should work on it some more -- in another color, or at least in colors I've written down!
I think Jon is right about connecting two rings to join the motifs -- it would made a much stronger connection. Once I got looking at that option, I thought maybe joining them across all the rings would be interesting. This is what my computer thinks it would look like:
A fun-filled Saturday! - We had a wonderful Tollway Tatters meeting yesterday! We had a nice sized group! From left to right: Denise, Sue Anna, Barbara. I don't like selfies, but...
6 hours ago