Sunday, October 20, 2013

Wasted Time

During the time I completely ignored this blog, I was tatting.  I just wasn't accomplishing much.  To start with, here's a blue doily I worked on for quite a while.  It's Lizbeth size 40 thread, and made without cut and tie rounds.  It's all split rings and chains to move from one round to the next.  It's also never been blocked (big surprise, that).  It overlaps itself in several places and I don't think blocking is going to cure it.  After all the time I spent on it, I got it to this point and just cut it off the shuttles and chucked it in the drawer with all the other stuff I don't know what to do with.  I like the center -- most of the stuff I started during the last year has the same center.  All these "oooo better idea" to move on weren't really such better ideas. I think some have potential.  I think is one has potential -- but it might need a few cut and tie places to spread out the work and give the edge room to breathe.  For now, it's going back in the drawer.    I'm making mice!

5 comments:

Miranda said...

It's a really pretty design if you can get the wrinkles smoothed out (literally, LOL). Don't scrap it, just see what happens if you reduce some of the stitch counts.

Ladytats said...

I like that center. it does have potential. Good luck with the redesign.

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I think quilters who add bits and pieces of lace to Victorian quilts, squares, pillows, Christmas stockings, etc., would love to have these UFOs and misc. motifs!

Margarets designer cards said...

After all the work, why not try blocking it, you never know it just might straighten out, it seems such a waste to throw it back in the draw,
Your mice in your last post look brilliant
Margaret

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Isn't it frustrating when a design just doesn't work? I really think it's because we each have a slightly different tension that doesn't matter on small pieces, but once the pattern gets to a certain size... look out!