Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Icy Ornament

I had to wait until this one reached it's destination before posting it. It was part of the package I sent off for an InTatters Secret Santa Exchange. It seems that people have stopped taking pleasure in anticipation! Packages are being opened as they arrive (I can hardly wait -- until Christmas. I like to have things to open that morning!). Anyway, this ornament is not a secret anymore. :)

This one is adapted from "Ice Crystal" in Tatting Patterns and Designs by Blomqvist and Persson. It's made from my sister's Desert Green thread dyed on a DMC size 80 tatting cotton, and has red seed beads at the picot joins.

I think if I do this one again, I might make the bottom piece a bit differently so it would fit higher up in to the empty spaces left by the top piece. Still I do like this one.

I wonder how well the other patterns in the Blomqvist and Persson will adapt to ornaments? There's a thought.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool ornaments, Marty!

Valerie said...

SO PRETTY! the colours you used are cool! the tinge of red make the tatting exquisite. :)

Hope said...

Wow.. now how did your brain get to using Ice Crystal to cover an ornament?? It is a lovely fit!! and the color perfect!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Very Pretty!