Friday, August 20, 2010

Ribbons from the Fair - part 5

Julie Patterson's "Hearts and Flower Cross Bookmark "was made for a friend of mine (she's still waiting for it). You can see how it looked at the Fair -- sorta rumpled up in the case. Poor little thing (it got a smudge on it too, so I'll be washing and reblocking it). I entered it as a Wedding Accessory -- a bookmark for the bride's Bible.

That's its second place ribbon just about overpowering the bit of tatting. I'm not certain why it got that, because the comments just said "nice work." Yeah, Fair judges -- way to keep me humble. (Ooooo, I sound like a whiny brat!)

The pink background over there is what it looks like stretched out on my scanner. I don't do tassels well, and it has to be shipped off to another state. I wanted a tail that would lie flat in her Bible and not get too bent up during shipping. This one is made of button cotton in perle tatting over an inner thread, and ending with a tiny split ring cross.

3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

That's a very pretty cross!

God's Kid said...

Ooooooo! It's so awesome and delicate looking! Congratulations on 2nd place! :)

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Congrats! Your ribbons are piling up...what more do you have for us?