Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ribbons from the Fair - part 9

This angel is made from white button cotton and a tiny bit of Oren Bayan gold metallic thread. I can't find the pattern I used! (See? I knew there was a reason to NOT clean!) Does any one recognize the designer? I'll keep hunting through all my patterns because I want to give proper credit.

Thanks everyone -- especially Martha Ess. This is her "Marjorie's Angel" pattern.

After carefully considering the available tatting categories, I entered the angel under "Wedding Accessory." I told the people taking stuff in that it was for the flower girl's dress -- because, really I could only think of handkerchief or garter as a wedding accessory when I was looking around for what I should enter. Of course, there's a category for handkerchief (but I didn't have one anyway). Since then I've looked over some other blogs (notably Tatscool's and Lace-lovin' Librarian's) and realized there are a goodly number of things which are wedding accessories. I didn't have any of those either (like ring bearer pillows or wedding bears!).

At any rate...
The judges pinned a nice blue (that's first place) ribbon to her. Good -- 'cause I think she's perfectly lovely and is also to be sent off to my friend who's getting the Bible marker (she collects angels). Maybe she'd like the ribbons, too?

9 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

That is one beautiful angel! She does look familiar, but I don't have a clue as to who wrote the pattern. Wouldn't she look pretty embellishing a little satin bride's bag?

Deb in WV said...

I think the pattern is Martha Ess' "Marjorie's Angel". I could be wrong about the name, but I'm fairly certain that Martha is the designer.

Nice job on all of your fair entries. I've really enjoyed seeing each of them.

Deb

Suztats said...

It's 'Marjorie's Angel' by Martha Ess. It's a lovely pattern.

Karen said...

You've done lovely tatting, as always. I believe this is Marjorie's Angel by Martha Ess. You deserved the blue ribbon. Congratulations. Karen in OR

Martha said...

That's from my website. I'm glad you won a ribbon with her.

Typstatting said...

Congrat's on your win!!! The angel is really cute.

Suztats said...

I sent a message earlier, but was having connection problems....it's a pattern by Marth Ess caled 'Marjorie's Angel'. It's a beautiful pattern.

Ridgewoman said...

A lovely Angel, but I still own the blue ribbon angel ~ there are very few with red hair ~ and looking to be on a serious mission…
Good for you, a BLUE! so much fun…

xxx bj

Tatskool said...

Congrats, that's really beautiful and a great accessory.